As more and more people enter nursing homes, falls become more prevalent. Here are some ways Nursing Homes can prevent those falls:
- Exercise is extremely important. Tai Chi or Yoga can be helpful
- Medication interactions often make people dizzy. Care should be taken to make sure there are not interactions.
- Frequent eye exams can prevent problems with sight.
- Proper lighting or night lights can help.
- Remove clutter and throw rugs, they can be deadly.
- Install handrails where needed.
These simple steps can prevent a fall and devastating consequences. The government has an excellent site to help prevent falls.